Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 4 - Another day in Lebanon

Woke up "early" (9AM) in comparison to other employees the Catranis family had in the past. The kids said others usually awoke, or at least came upstairs to the main part of the house, at 1-2PM.

We went out around 1:00ish to the coffee shop we visited yesterday, where Tad was already hanging out with Jonathan. Kit, Mrs. Catranis (Beth) and I joined them and eventually Tariq showed up as well.

After a while there, we headed to more of a bar type of setting where Jonathan met up with an American (also a teacher of literature), Ken. It was an interesting time talking about literature, movies, script writing, etc., as well as learning what each other does or wants to do.

We stayed at that place for probably a couple hours. (I don't have a very good sense of time, since I never got a new battery for my watch and haven't turned on my cell phone yet to see if I get the right time) We departed from this bar and walked up the street a short distance to another one where there were more of the college age crowd, but it was of course all ages. Lebanese bar hopping!

This post is being typed up quickly because we didn't get home until about 12:30AM and we decided to stay up all night since I had to be ready to leave by 5:30AM for the last leg of my trip to Iraq. I wasn't feeling tired and wanted a shower (I didn't do this anyway), and Tariq spent the night as well, so I figured it might be safer if I didn't go to sleep knowing my track record. After watching a couple movies on dual screen (their monitor and my laptop), Tad and Kit fell asleep while Tariq and I watched about 6 or more random episodes of The Office. :)

Time to go for now, we gotta get to the airport! (This post was rushed, my apologies)

No comments:

Post a Comment