Monday, April 20, 2009

Tuesday morning - 4/21

Today will be my 2nd day on the job. Yes, I realized I skipped a few days.

This will have to be quick, because I skipped breakfast this morning so they'll be back soon to pick me up to go to work.

Work looks like it will be a heavy load and a lot of learning. It is totally different than wireless networks back home. You have to know everything basically. RF signals, the dB levels, angles/height/positioning of antennas, interference (from the military classified radios and obstacles), line of sight, power levels, etc. I'll have to understand how the whole network works in order to be effective.

Anyways, Sunday was catch up. Slept till mid/late-afternoon. Hung out with Peter and Michelle a bit.

Monday I started work/training and Peter went thru a lot of material. We'll see how things go today.

The weather is pretty nice out, but will always be dusty. The food is good, lots of variety, different theme most days.
I'll try to get some pictures at some point, as well as upload the ones I (or Tad or Tariq) took in Lebanon.

Time to get going.

3 comments:

  1. sounds complicated but if anyone can get a hold of all that techy stuff, it's you! happy training! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you hours going to be working?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We get to breakfast at 8:30, start work after that. We work till 6pm, sometimes later.
    I haven't seen it yet, but sometimes they work till midnight or 3am. I'm hoping I'll know enough to be useful by then...or that it just doesn't happen ;)
    Peter is like Andrew, always working - even after hours.

    ReplyDelete