Friday, May 15, 2009

The Boring Title to a Somewhat Boring Post

I couldn't decide what to title this post, so notch that one off the list of choices.

Thursday (5/7), myself and Youseph drove to one of the housing areas (H6) for some scheduled service calls for some soldiers. Only this time, we were held up at the gate because I still don't have a CAC card and they didn't think an LOA & passport was good enough to allow me into the housing area. In fact, one soldier couldn't believe they let me on base without a CAC.

To keep the story short and somewhat interesting, we waited over 30min till they decided to take us to the badging office for a solution. The officer there explained to them that my LOA & passport was good enough till I get my badge, which they asked me to stay there and wait to see if it was possible to get it then. We waited there 1 hour before I realized it was going to take at least another 1.5 hours and we were already 1 hour late for service call appointments.
By the time we got into the housing area, the tenants had left their rooms. They weren't happy for a good reason.
----
The next day, Friday, was a long day compared to the norm. Worked 12.5 hours. Wasn't too bad though.
----
Saturday, we returned to H6 for a project to redesign the layout for a couple of housing pods. The project took longer than expected and had to play catch up to finish a 16 hour workday. :)
---
Skip to Tuesday. Buffalo wings are so good, but my body can't handle them 3 meals in a row (not counting breakfast, of course!). I didn't feel so well from them and slept till noon, then walked to work at 2:30 - a 15minute walk in the sun. It wasn't bad until the last minute of the walk, when I started sweating a bit. Thank God for the breeze.

On the positive side, Guitar Hero has been fun!! :)
Parts of the job are fun, and it will be more fun when I learn how to take care of the difficult things and understand the network better.

I know it's Friday now, but there isn't much to tell about the last few days except that Mexican food night did a number on a few of us. I wasn't thinking very straight as I walked down the food line. If it looked good, I had them serve some on my plate. For those of you who know how much I ate per meal the last few years, it wouldn't surprise you to see my plate. Granted I didn't finish it all, but I felt quite full even around lunch time the next day. (today)

Alrighty! Boring post finished. Maybe someday I'll have time to write something more interesting. Until then...

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like the good old days of splitting 100 hot wings... *sigh* The memories.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is something I'll never forget and will never do again. But they were so good...for a while.

    ReplyDelete