Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dusty Days

Busy. I have been busy.

Between 9-15 hour work days this past week (6 days) and 5 hours today (Sunday), I haven't had much time to get around to taking pictures on the base or updating this blog.

Work is a lot to learn still, but I've been in the field a lot this week with Habib. We've been making service calls to customers and troubleshooting hardware at the sites. This is the main reason why we've been working such long days lately. It takes time to troubleshoot issues and to go from unit to unit or across base.

Many of the soldiers who pay for our Internet service say it's definitely worth the money to be able to talk and see loved ones at home. It's $60/month, which may seem like a lot compared to the USA costs. But there are no fiber optic lines here, and satellite bandwidth costs a LOT. It is worth it for the soldiers, but we still get some who complain that the Internet isn't fast enough for the price and that the signal should go through 1.5 ft thick concrete walls and trailer walls and be perfectly fine. Not gonna happen.

As for other updates, Thursday I setup Guitar Hero and can now play that. I'm happy about that. :)

Saturday night there was a weird and kinda loud noise somewhere on the base. Michelle said it was the sound of the anti-mortar defense system shooting mortars before they landed on base. Yes, someone shot some mortars at us, but the defense system successfully intercepted them.

As for pictures, I haven't been able to take any because it's been sooooooo dusty outside.
1. I don't want to get my camera all dusty.
2. The light is dim and the pictures won't look as good.
3. Been busy, as I said before.

I'm going to upload the Lebanon pictures in a couple hours, but for now, I'm going to watch a movie with Peter and Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment